We spent yesterday afternoon having brunch at Nancy and Michael's house, talking with our friend, photographer Benny Chan. More about Benny, later, but something in the scale of his thinking, particularly his older compositions of the LA Philharmonic... ...and the Ronald Regan UCLA Medical Center:-- remind me of this print campaign for the Berlin Philharmonic: Using macro photographs taken inside the cramped spaces of instruments, art director and photographer Bjoern Ewers makes the inner space of a violin, cello, flute, and pipe organ appear vastly habitable. I need to walk inside as chords ring through and bounce off the light. You can see more at Behance.
GREAT THINGS ABOUT IN-N-OUT BURGER * Best fast food there is * Secret Menu for devotees * Holy shit -- the Bible! (see below) NOT-AS-GOOD THINGS ABOUT IN-N-OUT BURGER * Privately owned and won't franchise * None located East of the Mississippi * I don't work there (yet) My favorite Friday Follow on Twitter today is... @IN_N_OUT_Burger The twitter account is run by former managers who no longer work there but are obsessed, like me.
a reflection of the beliefs held by the Snyder family:
- Burger and cheeseburger wrappers
- Revelation 3:20—"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will dine with him, and he with Me."
- Beverage cups and replicas
- John 3:16—"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
- Milkshake cups
- Proverbs 3:5—"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."
- Double-Double wrapper
- Nahum 1:7—"The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him."
- Paper water cups (no longer in use)
- John 14:6—"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
Picked up a pair of Adidas Nizza's from Undftd so my feet can be all comfortable (don't these sneakers look like sweatpants?) and relax as they think about how fast they're gonna go when I race my colleague Brian M. Brian works in our LA office, so he has a nice tan. I feel badly for Brian, I really do, and I hope people (besides his assistant) will cheer him on. Basically, just don't want Brian to get hurt when we race. I'm not so worried about his body getting hurt, more his ego. Maybe we can race in private with no cameras? Nah... < Untitled from Ross Martin on Vimeo.