This year's annual Yale School of Management conference No RX Vpxl, was entitled "The Higher Velocity Marketplace: Technology, Innovation and Engagement in the New Marketplace." A good topic for Scratch, since we live it.
Hosted by Professor Ravi Dahr, the Director of Yale's Center for Customer Insights, the conference featured some awesome insights and approaches from fellow keynoters Jon Iwata (CMO, IBM), Geoff Cottrill (CMO, Converse), Gina Boswell (EVP of Personal Care, Unilever) and Claire Johnson (VP, New Products, Media and Platforms, Google).
- 90% of the world's data was created in the last 2 years
- I was reminded how counterintuitive predictive analytics can be. For example, people like hot drinks on hot days, and buy more cake on rainy days. I'm going to dock myself pay next time I make a decision based solely on behaviors I deem predictably obvious. (#needmorescience)
"Converse believes unleashing the creative spirit will change the world."
- Converse CMO, Vpxl india, 40mg Vpxl, Geoff Cottrill
- Converse's "Rubber Tracks" recording studio in Brooklyn has already enabled hundreds of artists to record their music, free.
"The gap between who you are and how you wish to be seen is spotted immediately."
- IBM CMO, Vpxl us, 1000mg Vpxl, Jon Iwata
- IBM's supercomputer, Watson, Vpxl mexico, 50mg Vpxl, is going to Medical School now, should graduate in the next 2 years, Vpxl ebay. 250mg Vpxl,
- My most powerful slide was my pie chart:
- Best question I got: "How will Millennials change the American education system?"
- Least favorite moment: At New Haven Starbucks, you must ask a barista for a key to use the bathroom, 200mg Vpxl. Vpxl uk, Thanks to Yale School of Management -- and its incredible graduate students -- for inviting us.
Evan's a good friend, a smart dude, and his networks always find ways to win. You can read some of his thoughts on the industry here.
We can debate what "branded entertainment" even means, but I doubt any of us on this panel care to anymore. I'm pretty sure I'm the sole panelist at the entire conference who cringes when anyone says I do branded entertainment. What I hope we'll do is agree on two things in this conversation:
1) Most Branded Entertainment concepts are not good for networks and not good for marketers. They crash into networks and brands like unidentified flying projects. They almost never work, even when it looks like they might, despite what all the decks and trade stories tell you after the fact, and before.
2) CMO's, 20mg Careprost, Careprost japan, producers, agencies and programmers -- we all have one boss: The audience. (Also known as the consumer.) If they don't love what we do, Careprost mexico, 10mg Careprost, it doesn't matter what the research says, and it doesn't matter that we think our show is fucking amazing. They're turning the channel, Careprost ebay, 50mg Careprost, they're closing the webpage, and they're not picking that brand up in the aisle, 100mg Careprost. Careprost canada, Not sure how this will go, but I have mad respect for what these guys have accomplished and the businesses they've built. Even though I'm a bit of the outsider here, 30mg Careprost, Careprost overseas, I kinda like it. And, in the hands of a moderator like Evan, 250mg Careprost, 750mg Careprost, there's a chance we could advance the dialogue the industry's been stuck in for the last decade.
Here, a team of experts in the burgeoning branded entertainment realm revisit a hot-button topic covered in last October’s realscreen Branded Entertainment Forum in New York City, Careprost us. Careprost india, When it comes to bringing brand-funded content to non-fiction networks, what are the walls that become apparent in the process between brands, 200mg Careprost, Careprost paypal, broadcasters and producers and how can they come down. This panel will illuminate the key issues in the discussion, 1000mg Careprost, Careprost usa, with insight from advertisers, agencies, 500mg Careprost, Careprost craiglist, broadcasters and producers who've found ways to work together to bring brand-supported TV properties to life. 40mg Careprost. 150mg Careprost. Careprost uk.
Our new friend Josh LinknerBuy Imitrex No Prescription, stopped by last week. Josh is a good dude; and with all the time I spend in Detroit, it's a wonder it took us this long to meet.
We had this funny moment in the big board room. Josh was being introduced to the group before his presentation, Imitrex overseas, Imitrex uk, and we all started laughing, even Josh, Imitrex mexico, Imitrex craiglist, about how long it was taking to just get the intro over with and let the man freakin' talk. That's because mofo has done so much, and I'm not sure if he's even 40 yet. Por ejemplo:
CEO and Managing Partner of Detroit Venture Partners, 40mg Imitrex. Imitrex us, Together with business partners Earvin “Magic” Johnson and NBA team owner Dan Gilbert, Josh is actively rebuilding urban areas through technology and entrepreneurship.
Adjunct Professor of Applied Creativity at the University of Michigan
Founder, Chairman and former CEO of ePrize, 250mg Imitrex, Imitrex japan, the largest interactive promotion agency in the world providing digital marketing services for 74 of the top 100 brands.
Founder and CEO of three other successful technology companies
Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year
Detroit News Michiganian of the Year
President Barack Obama Champion of Change award recipient
Columnist for Fast Company and Inc. Magazine, and his work has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, 20mg Imitrex, 10mg Imitrex, Forbes, USA Today, 500mg Imitrex, Imitrex ebay, and TheNew York Times
Berklee-trained professional jazz guitarist performing regularly in jazz clubs throughout the United States
See what I mean.
When I got home that night, 1000mg Imitrex, Imitrex india, my son asked what I did that day. I tried to explain about Detroit Venture Partners, and that's when the "Why" questions started flying:
D: "What's a 'venture partners'?"
Me: "A group of businesspeople who invest in companies, Imitrex usa, Imitrex paypal, like startups."
Me: "When someone has a great idea for a new business, they need funding to support it."
Me: "You know, 30mg Imitrex, Imitrex coupon, like, money to get the business going."
Wednesday, 200mg Hydrochlorothiazide, Hydrochlorothiazide craiglist, September 21 at 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM / Harold Washington Library (Chicago)
A provocative discussion with a variety of leading tastemakers on how social conversations taking place on digital and mobile technologies are changing the way consumers shop and make purchase decisions. We will explore how our brand engagement is evolving now that we are always connected, 50mg Hydrochlorothiazide, Hydrochlorothiazide canada, with the ability to access a real-time treasure trove of insight and recommendation. This event will include livestreaming and real-time discussion with Panelists joining the discussion from other Countries and locations.
If you're in Chicago, Hydrochlorothiazide usa, Hydrochlorothiazide overseas, see you there. If not, Hydrochlorothiazide mexico, 1000mg Hydrochlorothiazide, you can follow this one online, I think, 10mg Hydrochlorothiazide, 30mg Hydrochlorothiazide, and tweet some questions/comments/jokes about how seriously people take this social media stuff.
Patty ChungPlavix For Sale, , neverending source of awesomeness, sent me this compelling case study. Extremely helpful, Plavix overseas, 200mg Plavix, as MTV Scratch ponders the future of live event marketing...