This from group called "Knitta Please," a threadening menace, via a post on Tumblr by The Anne Hubert.
So good, had to post.
Finally I can post this. Been waiting all day so other blogs could trump me. We just announced the nominees for the 6th annual mtvU Woodie Awards, as chosen by college students nationwide. It's the best college music of the yea, and it's an incredible (and incredibly diverse) list of nominees this year. Over the next few weeks, millions will vote to decide who goes home with a chunk of wood on November 18th at Roseland Ballroom in NYC. Here's how our good friend Asher Roth kicked off the sick party last year...
Erinn Westbrook just did her first shoot for MTV, appearing on-air to announce mtvU's new partnership with the New York Stock Exchange. This competition is vintage mtvU, much in the same spirit of mtvU's 3-year partnership with the Fulbright Fellowship program. It began when my colleague Matt Spielman invited Dario Spina and me down to Wall Street to meet NYSE Euronext CEO Duncan L. Niederauer, and his team, to discuss ways to discover, empower and celebrate the next generation of pioneering business leaders. For more on what mtvU is doing with NYSE, click here. Now the good part... New VJ Erinn just came by and told me that a bird shat on her head as she was filming her piece announcing the competition. What a way to begin your career on TV! (I wish I had the tape of it actually happening.) Anyway, congratulations to Erinn on her mtvU debut, and much respect to her for being such a great sport. Untitled from Ross Martin on Vimeo.
GREAT THINGS ABOUT IN-N-OUT BURGER * Best fast food there is * Secret Menu for devotees * Holy shit -- the Bible! (see below) NOT-AS-GOOD THINGS ABOUT IN-N-OUT BURGER * Privately owned and won't franchise * None located East of the Mississippi * I don't work there (yet) My favorite Friday Follow on Twitter today is... @IN_N_OUT_Burger The twitter account is run by former managers who no longer work there but are obsessed, like me.
a reflection of the beliefs held by the Snyder family:
- Burger and cheeseburger wrappers
- Revelation 3:20—"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will dine with him, and he with Me."
- Beverage cups and replicas
- John 3:16—"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
- Milkshake cups
- Proverbs 3:5—"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."
- Double-Double wrapper
- Nahum 1:7—"The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him."
- Paper water cups (no longer in use)
- John 14:6—"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
Again we sent our intrepid office mate out to find out what exactly we are supposed to be doing. Here's Ashley Simon: Thought I'd try one more time to see if the general public could help me figure out wtf branded entertainment is. This time I ventured to my hometown in Grosse Pointe, Michigan in the hopes that my fellow midwesterners could do better than Times Square tourists. In the absence of a huge metropolis I ambushed Grosse Pointers in their natural habitat: the country club. here.