I just called Shannon, a colleague here at MTV, and we had a long conversation, in which I asked about her job, some projects she's working on, etc. I ran the names of a few companies by her, just to see what she thought of them. I asked how her boss is doing. I asked about the view out her window. I asked why, when she picked up the phone and heard my voice, how come she wasn't more excited to hear from me... And then, right after I hung up, Patty informed me that I was talking to a different Shannon. No way! Yes way. I just had a long talk with someone I thought was someone else. I called to apologize, but I got Shannon's voicemail, so I left her a message explaining what an idiot I am. Her rely via email: Dear Ross, Got your vmail! Fortunately, Patty was on it right away so I didn't have to spend too much time figuring out how to get around this:) You have made my Friday vastly more entertaining and I will be screening my calls more carefully moving forward. Have a great weekend and get some rest - you're working too hard, clearly. Shannon
GREAT THINGS ABOUT IN-N-OUT BURGER * Best fast food there is * Secret Menu for devotees * Holy shit -- the Bible! (see below) NOT-AS-GOOD THINGS ABOUT IN-N-OUT BURGER * Privately owned and won't franchise * None located East of the Mississippi * I don't work there (yet) My favorite Friday Follow on Twitter today is... @IN_N_OUT_Burger The twitter account is run by former managers who no longer work there but are obsessed, like me.
a reflection of the beliefs held by the Snyder family:
- Burger and cheeseburger wrappers
- Revelation 3:20—"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will dine with him, and he with Me."
- Beverage cups and replicas
- John 3:16—"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
- Milkshake cups
- Proverbs 3:5—"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."
- Double-Double wrapper
- Nahum 1:7—"The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him."
- Paper water cups (no longer in use)
- John 14:6—"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."